Summer Artist Residency
The Summer Artist Residency Program at Gorman Arts Centre offers artists, arts workers and cultural practitioners with living and working space over a 3-week period, for dedicated creative exploration, and/or research towards a creative project.
There are currently two residency opportunities on offer for 2024:
- Monday 5th February – Sunday 25th February
- Monday 4th March – Sunday 24th March
This is a self-directed residency opportunity, but includes one-on-one Producer support and networking opportunities to engage more broadly with the Canberra creative sector. Gorman Arts Centre is centrally located in Canberra CBD and is home to the largest collective of artists, theatre makers, dancers, and musicians in the region. As a Resident Artist, you will be part of a vibrant community of studio artists and creative organisations that occupy our spaces.
A 3-week residency at subsidised rate, to include:
- Loft Accommodation at Gorman Arts Centre – includes double bed, small kitchen and private on-site bathroom and shower. Bedlinen and towels, and weekly cleaning included.
- Private Artist Studio – with desk, accessible 24/7
- Producer and Networking Support
- 1 x Public Talk – Presented by the Resident Artist
Program Fee – $1500.00 incl. GST
21-day Residency offered at a subsidised rate of $1500.00.
Unsubsidised value of this residency is $1935.00
Travel and food costs are not included and are the responsibility of the applicant. Arts Capital are happy to provide successful applicants with a Letter of Support in favour of funding opportunities to support them with program and project related fees.
For more information or support in the application process please email Programs@ainslieandgorman.com.au or call (02) 6182 0000.